ICTSUS PRIVACY STATEMENT
What is the purpose of this document?
ICTSUS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and will only process personal information about you in accordance with data protection principles, which are explained below.
This Privacy Notice describes how ICTSUS collects and uses personal information about you, during and after your relationship with the website, and applies to all users. This privacy notice has been developed to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any subsequent UK legislation relating to data protection.
Personal Data Any information identifying a Data Subject or information relating to a Data Subject that ICTSUS can identify (directly or indirectly) from that data alone or in combination with other identifiers which ICTSUS possesses or can reasonably access.
Personal Data includes Sensitive Personal Data. Personal Data can be factual (for example, a name, email address, location or date of birth) or an opinion about that person’s actions or behaviour
Sensitive Personal Data Information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health conditions, sexual life, sexual orientation, biometric or genetic data, and Personal Data relating to criminal offences and convictions.
• ICTSUS will adhere to the principles relating to Processing of Personal Data set out in the Data Protection Legislation which require Personal Data to be:
• Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency);
• Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Purpose Limitation);
• Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is Processed (Data Minimisation);
• Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy);
• Not kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is Processed (Data Retention);
• Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage (Data Security).
What personal information does ICTSUS hold about you?
ICTSUS will collect, store, use and share those categories of personal information about you listed in the Schedule to this Privacy Notice. Only that information which is strictly necessary to ensure the continued orderly operation of the website will be collected and stored.
Informing ICTSUS of changes to your personal information.
All site users have the ability to amend their user profile. If for any reason this causes a problem, please contact the Data Protection Manager or an administrator who will be able to assist.
If you believe that ICTSUS has personal information relating to you which is inaccurate and you do not have the rights to change it, please contact the Data Protection Manager and we will ensure that it is corrected.
In what circumstances will ICTSUS use information about you?
ICTSUS will use personal information for the following requirements:
• The efficient operation of the website;
• To contact you if you request such a contact, via email, telephone, or other messaging media
• To comply with law enforcement when instructed to do so.
Does ICTSUS require my consent?
ICTSUS uses the minimum level of personal data to operate the site. We have a legitimate interest to use this information to ensure that our business relationship remains functional and your explicit consent is not required to use personal information in this way.
If any additional processing uses are planned, your explicit consent will be obtained as appropriate.
In what circumstances will ICTSUS use particularly sensitive personal information?
ICTSUS will not require you to provide any sensitive personal information during your relationship with the business.
Which third-parties process my personal information?
ICTSUS is hosted on servers provided by ICUK. We have taken steps to assure ourselves that their security is sufficient and their employees have no reason to access personal information relating to ICTSUS users.
What about other third parties?
We do not routinely share personal information with third parties, but will cooperate with law enforcement in the event that such assistance is required. We will notify you if there is any intention to undertake any activities which involve the sharing of personal data, excepting those relating to law enforcement.
Transferring information outside the EU
ICTSUS is hosted in the United Kingdom and all data is held on a server in that country. No information will be transferred outside the UK.
How long will ICTSUS use my information for?
ICTSUS will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We regard our relationship with you as having ended when:
• You inform us that you wish to have your account deleted; or
• There has been a period of inactivity exceeding 12 months.
Automatic Processing and Mass Marketing
ICTSUS does not engage in any automatic processing of personal data or mass marketing.
How do I have my data removed from ICTSUS’s database?
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
What communications will ICTSUS send me?
ICTSUS will not routinely send you any communications, unless you request a response from us.
However, the following communications may be sent:
• Email confirming personal information following initial registration to the site. We do this to ensure that the email address entered is valid;
• Following any significant security incident, we will contact you by any means available if there has been a breach involving your personal data. We will do this to ensure that your personal security is not compromised further;
• Emails when you request us to engage in dialogue in the normal course of our business
How do I leave ICTSUS?
You can send an email to email@example.com at any time.
How do I submit a Data Subject Access Request?
A Data Subject Access Request should be submitted, preferably by email, to the site Data Protection Manager. ICTSUS will provide a response, via email unless otherwise requested, within one calendar month. If the complexity of the request requires additional time, you will be notified via email of any delay within one calendar month.
There is an email address for Data Subject Access Requests which is:
Users requesting access should note that ICTSUS will attempt to contact you, via the ICTSUS website, to ensure that the request is legitimate. The timeline to respond to an access request commences once the legitimacy for the request has been established.
The discussion of public figures and information about them which is in the public domain is permitted on ICTSUS under the Public Interest provisions of Article 6. This does not extend to private individuals. The decision of the site’s Data Protection Manager and moderation team on who constitutes a ‘public figure’ is final.
Who is the ICTSUS Data Protection Manager?
Mr Martyn Winters.
Your rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Under certain circumstances and subject to limitations, by law, you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information ICTSUS holds about you and to check that the site is lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that ICTSUS holds about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information the site holds about you, corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask ICTSUS to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for the site continuing to process it.
• Object to processing of your personal information where ICTSUS is relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask ICTSUS to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want the site to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of certain personal information to another party.
How can you exercise your rights?
By contacting the ICTSUS Data Protection Manager. There is usually no administration fee chargeable. However, if requests are repetitive then ICTSUS do reserve the right to charge an appropriate administration fee or to refuse the request.
What can I do if I’m unhappy with the response received from ICTSUS?
You have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority. For UK users this is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Users in other EU countries can complain to their relevant Supervisory Authority who will engage with the ICO on their behalf. Non-EU citizens do not have a formal route to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
ICTSUS reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact the Data Protection Manager:
This Privacy Notice is issued by ICTSUS
ICTSUS will collect, store and use the following personal data about you:
• Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
• IP addresses;
• The nature of your business and your relationship with ICTSUS;
• ICTSUS will use information provided by you in order to best provide you with our services.